After celebrating with my family in Lake Tahoe, on my actual birthday (April 27th), my husband took me to the City. I’d never been to Lands End and the Sutro Baths so I decided to have dinner at the Cliff House – the restaurant near the Sutro Baths overlooking the ocean. We both worked most of the day so we headed into the City by late afternoon. We had some time before our reservation so we made our way to the area so I could see Lands End and the Sutro Baths. I’d been to Ocean Beach before, I’ve just never explored Lands End or seen the Sutro Baths so we made sure to explore some when we first arrived. We parked near Ocean Beach, I love everything about the ocean so I had to get a picture in front of the water even though it was mad windy. Then we started to be tourists and site see.
This has been on my list since discovering it via Pinterest prior to moving to the Bay. It was a cool place to see. Major history here.
After being in awe of the beauty and being wind swept by the major wind we headed into the Cliff House for a drink before dinner. Had to get an obligatory restaurant photo.
I’m one of those people who takes pictures of the food so here are my must have pics of my drink and meal. It was tasty. I would say you mostly come for the view but the food was good so bonus for us. It’s on the pricey side so unless you are a baller, I would say come here for a special occasion.
and the sunset…so beautiful
Following dinner I didn’t want to just go home so we stopped for dessert at Sixth Course in the Mission. I have a huge sweet tooth so I was super stoked by the cool offerings they had. The portions are small but it was a good experience and the treats were yummy. I wouldn’t recommend this place all the time but I would say try it once. They change their items all the time but I tried a mini ice cream with Cap n Crunch (I love cereal on desserts haha) and an alcohol infused dessert. I enjoyed both.
I had an excellent time spending my birthday with my husband. I can always count on him to help me experience new things. There is still so much of the Bay Area, California and the World left for us to explore and I’m so happy I get to do it with him. I’m excited for what 33 will bring.
One thing that I try to do is keep updated on news. When people bring up a topic, I like to be informed if I can help it. I highly recommend signing up for The Skimm. theSkimm is the daily e-mail newsletter that gives you everything you need to start your day. We do the reading for you and break down the latest news and information with fresh editorial content.
I also like Caitlin Dewey‘s newsletter: Links I would gchat you if we were friends. She’s the digital culture critic for the Washington Post.
So today I’m starting a new series of posts I’ll call “5 Things Friday.” It will include news and other things I think you should read when you have some time on the weekends.
- The Panama Papers have been all over the news. Here is theSKIMM’s Guide to the Panama Papers.
“The Panama Papers have exposed how some of the world’s most powerful people may have used offshore bank accounts and shell companies to conceal their wealth or avoid taxes. The papers — millions of leaked confidential documents from the Mossack Fonseca law firm in Panama — identify international politicians, business leaders and celebrities involved in webs of suspicious financial transactions. The revelations have raised questions about secrecy and corruption in the global financial system.” via The New York Times
2. For us football fans, you’ll now be able to watch live Thursday night American football games on Twitter. They beat out Amazon and Yahoo in a bidding war. I’m stoked about it, because often I miss games due to work week obligations. I often live tweet during football games so this is perfect for me.
3. Big news for San Francisco residents. On Tuesday SF became the first city in the United States to approve six weeks of fully paid leave for new parents — mothers and fathers, including same-sex couples, who either bear or adopt a child. Let’s hope other cities follow suit…like the rest of the Bay Area where we live.
4. If you are a Netflix Originals fan, they just announced that Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt season 2 is back on April 15. That means, you have one week to binge watch season 1 if you haven’t watched it yet.Not an Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt fan? The latest season of House of Cards was probably the best yet. In my queue is Jessica Jones, Daredevil, Love, Master of None and Hemlock Grove.
5. Need a GIF to go with that next Tweet. Giphy, the GIF search engine, launched a new tool for Mac users that lets you make a GIF of anything that’s happening on your desktop. You can download the Mac App on the Apple Store.
Have a great weekend and enjoy!