Happy Friday! It’s going to be a great weekend. I’m heading down to my favorite city, San Diego, tomorrow to see some friends and as usual I’m going to Disneyland. My annual pass expires on April 26 so this will be my last time using it. I’m sad to have to let it go but the cost is so high and now that I live in the Bay Area I don’t get to go as often. It’s the adult thing to do…the kid in me is having a fit. lol Joking but not really.
Some things to know about today:
- Pray for Japan. A 7.0 earthquake struck Kyushi Island, after being hit with a 6.2 quake two days earlier. Natural disasters like this are tough. There really is nothing you can do when mother nature hits. I pray for Japan and for those who are assisting during this time.
- Facebook’s F8 Conference was this week and they announced a lot of things. You can read the full list here: Everything announced at Facebook’s F8 conference. Great for businesses: they announced they will now let businesses deliver automated customer support (chatbots).
- In other Facebook related news, Stephen Hawking, Mark Zuckerberg, Yuri Milner Launch $100M Space Project Called Breakthrough Starshot. The goal is to reach the nearest star system, Alpha Centauri, in a span of 20 years. The reason why you should know about this is: ” In a report by Space.com, Yuri Milner, Breakthrough Initiative and DST Global Founder, said that their project “is a program of research and innovation exploring the questions of life in the universe.” He said exploring the universe doesn’t mean just the extraterrestrials, it also involves going to outer space to benefit the human race.” via Nature World News If we see this in our lifetime, that would be amazing.
- The 2016 NFL schedule is out. For fellow football fans who can’t wait for football to return like me, this is great news. The Carolina Panthers will open the season in Denver for the first Thursday Night Football game of the year, which with the Twitter NFL announcement earlier this month you can watch it live from anywhere you can access your Twitter feed. What I’m most excited about is the Saints in San Diego (my favorite teams in the NFL – I’m a Saints fan but living in San Diego made me a Chargers fan…yeah I know, odd) on Sunday Oct. 2. I guess I know where we’ll be celebrating my husbands birthday this year, our favorite city! Score!
- If you don’t have a lot planned for this weekend and you need something to watch, this week the Mindy Project returned to Hulu and the Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt is back on Netflix. “Hashbrown no filter.”
A little bonus: The Denver Nuggets changed it up at their game this week with the Lion King Cam. So much cuteness to start your weekend.